Means traditional Indian way
of welcoming a guest at home by way of folded
hands and joining palms – Namaste. Hotel
is situated near Pratap nagar Circle. On the
Udaipur Highway. Hotel has AC and Non AC double
and family rooms with modern facilities- intercom/channel
TV and western style attached toilets. Restaurant
serves Indian and Rajasthani cuisines and well
stocked bar to make one in high spirit. Hotel
provide traveler an experience of Rajasthan
with safety and security.
Airport: 96 kms towards South-East
Bus Stand: 1.5 km towards East
Railway Station: 1 km Walking distance
Air Conditioned Rooms with attached Toilets
with running Hot & Cold Water Telephone
& Colour Television facility available in
Restaurant of hotel offers Rajasthani, Indian
and Continental cuisine.
Serving Indian, Rajasthani liquor & wine.
Programmes for groups ( On Demand)
E-mail & Fax
Valid up to 31st March 2014
(on CP Plan )
Off Season Tariff -
Apr to Sept
Season Tariff - Oct. to March
Non A. C.
Non A. C.
: Applicable Taxes extra as per Govt.
order at the time of Check out.
CP = Room Rent
& Light Programs
pm onwards ( Hindi & English)
Nagar Road, Near Railway Station, Chittorgarh
Contact Person: Mr. K.P.Singh
Mobile: +91 94141 10302
epitomizes Rajput spirit, valour, pride and
romance. It reverberates with heroism and sacrifice
the tales of which are still sung by the Bards
of Rajasthan. The imposing and awe inspiring
fort stands on a 240-hectares site, on 180m
high hill that rises rapidly from the plains.
It has one kilometre zigzag ascent to it. The
road leads through seven gates to the maingate
Rampol (meaning Gate of Ram). On the ascent
between the second and the third gate, you see
two ‘Chattris’ (cenotaphs) built to honour Jaimal
and Kalla heroes of 1568 siege by Emperor Akbar.
The main gate of the fort itself is Surajpol
(meaning Sun Gate).
The fort fell thrice to the enemies in its entire
history. The first attack occurred in 1303 when
the Sultan of Delhi Ala-ud-din Khilji, overwhelmed
by the beauty of Queen Padmini, besieged the
fort with sinister design to capture the queen.
In 1535 Bahadur Shah, the Sultan of Gujarat,
besieged the fort causing immense carnage. It
is said that 32000 men donned the saffron robes
of martyrdom and rode out to face certain death.
The women folk led by Rani Karnawati committed
Jauhar (collective self immolation by fire)
to save their honor.
In 1568 Mughal Emperor Akbar conquered it. In
1616, Mughal Emperor Jehangir restored the fort
to the Rajputs. Now, a new township sprawls
below the hill on the west side.